The digital transformation journey is a costly and complex undertaking. For Superfunds whether firmly entrenched or relatively early in digital adoption it is a long process with many choices and decisions to be made that will directly impact the future success of the fund and member outcomes. This conference has presented an array of technologies and innovative strategies that can be employed for success but how does it all stack up in reality? This highly interactive session is designed to give the delegation and those closely engaged in digital change the chance to share their personal insights and discuss various issues that are likely to be encountered along the journey.Some of these issues will be posed inside a series of questions to the delegation, to be discussed after being divided into brainstorming groups. After a short discussion a representative will be nominated as spokesperson to provide feedback to the delegation and ignite further information sharing.
Sample questions include:
- What steps should be taken to make the best decisions now that will have the greatest reward in the longer term?
- How do you best cultivate a member first, risk adverse and compliance conscious culture?
- How do you decide what latest technologies are appropriate for my superfund and what should be implemented and when? What should be outsourced and handled in-house?
- How do you build cross-functional staff; capable of integrating soft skills with digital capabilities to drive innovation and efficiency within the organisation?
- How do you incrementally innovate and build success step by
- How do you plan for and implement the digitally required agile
infrastructure for the future, today?
Stephen Huppert, Director, Stephen Huppert Consulting